Heath & Safety Guidelines
WE ARE 100% COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING OUR EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS.
We are closely monitoring the information from federal and state government agencies in addition to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. We will remain attentive and are ready to respond to changing conditions. The safety and wellbeing of DETOURS guests and employees is always our number one priority!
Operational Procedures for the Temporary Normal
As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times, we want to assure you DETOURS is dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment. Your health, as well as our guests’, is our top priority. Rest assured; we are all in this together! Should you have any questions or concerns about the below guidelines, please feel free to reach out directly to management.
Jeff Slade: CEO/President
Suzanne Hagberg: Vice President
Kyle Hagberg: Director of Sales and Marketing
- All guides must notify DETOURS staff if you are feeling under the weather, even if mild
- A pre tour temperature check will be required before you are allowed to start your day. A DETOURS staff member will administer the temperature check at the office. If your temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees, a second test will be administered. If the above temperature registers again, you will be asked to go home for your own safety and our guests
- Guides will be required to make sure that their vehicle is stocked with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and face masks
- If a morning snack is a part of the tour, please load the food items in your vehicle while wearing gloves
- All employees will be able to refer and understand current CDC, OSHA, and FDA guidelines for Covid-19. This requires an understanding of how to spot Covid-19 symptoms and how to properly deal with the situation should it arise
- Guide to greet guests at hotel with safe distance in mind
- When facing/greeting/or interacting with the guests when the vehicle is not in motion, the guide will be required to wear a face mask and gloves
- Guide to administer a temperature check on the guests before they are allowed to board the vehicle. If the guest’s temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees, please administer the test a second time. If guest exceeds the above temperature a second time, kindly inform them that due to staff and guest safety, they will not be allowed to take part in the days tour. Please have them immediately contact the DETOURS office should this occur
- When guides are giving commentary over the speaker system, you will not be required to wear a mask, in order to maintain vocal quality
- Due to guest and guide safety, the front seat of the vehicle will be off limits for the time being
- Please ask guests to refrain from taking their own water from the cooler. A guide will need to hand that out directly to the guests while wearing gloves
- If the tour includes a boxed lunch, the guide will need to hand out each lunch individually while wearing gloves
- When guests are not on the vehicle, i.e. exploring the parks or taking part in a 3rd party activity, the guide will wipe down seats, door handles, or any other hard surfaces the guest may have touched. Not only is this a safe practice, but it demonstrates to the guest their health as well as yours, is a top priority throughout the day
- When back to the garage, please wipe down all seats, door handles, steering wheel, center council, or any other hard surfaces the guests and yourself may have touched
- When disposing of guest trash on the vehicle, please maintain wearing gloves for your safety
- All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation procedures.
- All employees will receive a temperature check upon arrival to office.
- If employee show signs of sickness they will be asked to go home. Employees can come back to work if fever and symptoms has subsided.
- Employees will be asked to wear protective coverings, such as gloves and masks when interacting with customers directly.
- Guides can remove covering when facing forward while driving and guiding the tour. DETOURS is committed to optimal verbal communication of tour highlights.
In the Event of a Positive Covid-19 Case
- In the event a DETOURS staff member testing positive for Covid-19, all necessary precautions will be implemented
- DETOURS is responsible to immediately notify local health officials should an employee test positive for Covid-19
- All vehicles and affected areas will be cleaned with OSHA and CDC recommended disinfectants
- The infected staff member will be required to stay home for a period of no shorter than 14 days and until all symptoms have receded
- If any other DETOURS staff has been in contact with infected employee, we will require them to self-isolate for a period of 14 days
- DETOURS will continue to monitor the health of exposed employees and determine when it is safe for them to return to the office or out guiding in the field
- Guides will greet guests with safe social distancing
upon hotel arrival.
- Guides will administer guest temperature checks. If guests temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees a second test will be administer to determine if guest will be able to board vehicle for tour.
- In accordance with Federal Health Guidelines, face coverings is not mandatory and left at guests discretion.
- Front Passenger Seat will be restricted for both guest and guide safety.
- Guides will offer guests bottled water and box lunch items using gloves. Guests will be asked to refrain from helping themselves to food and drink.
- Sanitation of vehicle with EPA disinfectant will take place throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be mandatory at each stop before guests board vehicle.