A message of reassurance and unity to our travel community from our founder, Jeff Slade
Like so many, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our lives. We appreciate the trust you place in DETOURS American West every time you come to explore the wide-open spaces here in the American West, and we would like to take this opportunity to share with you the additional measures we are collectively taking to keep you, our valued Guests, our Team Members, and our Community at large safe. This is our #1 priority and is at the center of our conversations every step of the way.
Additional Actions We Are Taking at DETOURS America West
- We are actively and closely monitoring the situation and guidance being provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other federal agencies to ensure our actions are aligned with measures being taken on a broader scale. We are also coordinating with our local departments of health and county health organizations, to ensure we are aware of current developments, and local departments of health have been supportive of the proactive measures we have taken thus far.
- On every tour, our guides are conducting additional cleaning and disinfecting of our tour vehicles including all dials, buttons, handrails and other surfaces.
- We have reiterated specific instructions with our Team Members on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they have a fever and/or feel sick.
- Guests on our Tours will find extra supplies of sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer where possible, and our Guides will happily direct our Guests to availability of these items at Tour stops, where available.
Preventative Measures You Can Take
- As a Guest, there are a few additional steps that you can also take to help safeguard against the spread of any illness.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with hot water, for at least 20 seconds
- If using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, make sure it contains at least 60% alcohol content
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes and other areas of your face
- Avoid shaking hands or making unnecessary contact when greeting people at this time
- If you are sick, avoid traveling and stay home
For more detailed information about COVID-19, how it spreads, and prevention and treatment visit: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
Since 2001, we have excelled in the business of hospitality, entertainment, and education. This includes the prioritization of health and safety as our top concern. You can be confident in the operational ability and professionalism of our highly trained Team Members, as well as the processes for serving tens of thousands of Guests, that we have honed through the years. We happily continue to support your burning desire to explore our beautiful corner of the country ensuring you enjoy the most exclusive experience and thus creating memories of a lifetime. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage.